Machine Operator I
Corrugated Box Equipment Experience is recommended but not required.
The Machine Operator I must have the knowledge, aptitude, and experience for setting-up, running, and operating equipment (not specifically corrugated machinery). This position will assist production management in the maintenance and safe operation of plant production equipment, including the plant operations related to production preparation, production, and maintenance of records.
The Machine Operator I is a line position. This position is an extremely important aspect in the operations and management of production.
Responsibilities include operations within a manufacturing environment, and physical requirements are involved, such as lifting, loading and carrying products. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals will perform the essential functions:
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming materials, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and reports with operator to rectify the damages and shortages.
- Receives and processes all parts and materials for operations and production.
- Receives and processes all tooling for production, maintenance, and operations.
- Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Maintains production reports detailing production inventory for Finished Goods, Work in Process and Raw Materials, Tooling, and Operations Material.
- Monitors and Maintains Cutting Dies and Printing Plates as needed for production runs.
- Kitting orders in preparation for run manufacturing.
- Communicates to the production assistants of material schedule of material, printing plates, cutting dies, Ink, Miscellaneous items needed for each specific job.
- Tracks and monitors materials for production including data entry of run and waste.
- Responsible for implementing final inspection procedures of outgoing products and materials.
- Reviews quality of units before sending them to the final unitizing stage.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to machine operator II as needed.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of production materials on hand at all times including but not limited to in house utilized sundry products, strapping and stretch films.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows safety regulations.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures and keeps records. Keeps records of other machine maintenance needed.
- Responsible for learning the safe operation of machines, including and not limited to Lock Out/Tag Out, and all safety procedures and processes of the plant.
- Responsible for ensuring all helpers are appropriately trained in safe operating procedures.
- Responsible for assisting the operator in the safe and efficient set up and operation of production equipment.
- Employees may be asked to complete other tasks not mentioned above.
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Aptitude
- Sense of Urgency
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Proficient Communication Skills, Math Skills and Computer Skills
- Highly Motivated and Self-Managed
Experience in Corrugated Fiberboard (Corrugated Box Manufacturing) Operations or Similar is RECOMMENDED (1 year minimum)
This position requires self-supervisory skills- Individual reports directly to the Machine Operator. The Machine Operator reports to Operations Manager.
Job Types & Schedule
Full-time, Monday-Friday 6 am-2:30 pm, some flexibility allowed, overtime is available (voluntary and mandatory)
This position start at $17-18. Negotiable based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision, and life insurance after 90 days of full-time employment
- 401k with employer matching after 1 year of full-time employment
- Paid holidays after 6 months of full-time employment
- Vacation days (5 days after 1 yr. full-time employment, 10 days after 2 yr. full-time employment)
- Employee luncheons/monthly activities
- Opportunity for growth, promotions, and/or increases!
Phoenix/Packaging is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resumes with references to: