Careers: Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative will to act as a liaison between customer and the sales reps., provide product and services information, and resolve any emerging problems that our clients face with accuracy and efficiency. Must be personable with customers and sales reps, knowledgeable about products and services adept at problem solving. Enter orders in timely and expeditious manner, record order information accurately and efficiently.
The Customer Service Representative must have a basic knowledge and understanding of math skills, including but not limited to reading and using a measuring tape, converting between decimals and fractions, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates computers programmed with order processing software to record, store, retrieve, and analyze information. Use sophisticated software program to generate and process orders.
- Prepares processes and monitors various documents such as orders, email, faxes to determine and disseminate information accordingly, write up quotes, and or process orders; Creates and maintains computer files Pulls corresponding spec sheets, records information for processing, checks specifications for accuracy Processes orders to purchasing for board ordering.
- Creates and monitors customer files in a neat orderly fashion, filing accurately.
- Contacts current and prospective customers to acknowledge and confirm orders, pricing delivery dates Writes up orders for call in customers pulls spec sheets checks and records information.
- Performs in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer status and product knowledge requests.
- Works closely with credit department to resolve disputed credit items, Files Non Compliance forms.
- Provides timely feedback to company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Partners with sales team to meet and exceed customers' expectations.
- Follows up with shipping and receiving to assure timeliness of deliveries.
- Places or cancel orders with customers, informs sales reps of cancellation and or orders received, and or problems, late deliveries, quality issues.
- Speaks with Sales reps and customers defining order criteria, due dates, issues and problems.
- Suggestive sell other products and services.
- Work with Sales reps to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Organizational Skills; Filing aptitude
- Technical Capacity Strong Math Skills, Analytical Skills
- Thoroughness Attention to detail; Accuracy
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency Strong Telephone Communication skills Strong Writing and Grammar skills
- Accuracy Personal Effectiveness Creditability
- Ethical Conduct
- Project Management/ Problem Solving Skills
This position requires self-supervisory skills- Individual MUST be attuned to all aspect of the Customer requests, information, and order processing; confidentiality and non-disclosure of information agreements signed.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, phones, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. These tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Sitting at desk for up to 8 hours/day
- Standing for extended periods of time to perform tasks such as filing
- Walking up and down stairs to the manufacturing plant or other areas of the building as needed
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility is allowed in hours. Must work 40 hours per week to obtain full time status. Employees must be available for the core of the work to be done from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00-4:30PM
40 Hours per week.
Weekends- Saturday will be occasionally required.
Minimum travel required customer locations, vendors.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Business Administration, Management, and/or Two Year Customer Service/ Sales Service related experience;
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Engineering, Experience in Corrugated industry helpful but not mandatory
- Ability to read, speak, and write English, must have strong math skills, Strong vocabulary and grammatical skills
- Training experience in computer applications
- Dental, Vision, and Health insurances- after 90 days of full-time employment (40 hours/week)
- Life Insurance- after 1 year of full-time employment
- 401K Matching- after 1 year of full-time employment and must be over 21 years of age
- Holidays off/paid holidays- paid holidays take into effect after 6 months of full-time employment
- Vacation days- 5 days after 1 year of full-time employment and10 days after 2 years of full-time employment
- Bonus for meeting sales goals
- Monthly employee activities (Memorial Day cookout, etc.)
Phoenix/Packaging is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resumes with references to: